Meticulous Ink Lettering Club
Join the exclusive Meticulous Ink Lettering Club! Perfect for anyone with an interest in calligraphy, brush lettering and hand lettering in general who is keen to keep learning and wants a little encouragement to keep practicing.
Membership will give you access to a private online Facebook group made up of a growing community of lettering fans from all over! You'll share in expert tips and recommendations, be able to ask all your calligraphy and lettering questions, and get invaluable feedback on your work.
Every two weeks there will be a fun, creative homework prompt to get you making a practice piece of artwork. You'll then be able to share your work with the group and get friendly feedback from our resident experts Athena and Claire, as well as your fellow club members. This is a fantastic way to improve your skills and sharpen your calligraphy eye, all whilst getting to know people with similar interests.
We'll also share plenty of practical hints and tips to take your lettering to the next level:
- Troubleshooting common mistakes
- Different ways of joining letters
- Tips for joining tricky letter pairs
- Letter spacing for better legibility
- How to add flourishes and swashes without overwhelming the words
- How to vary your writing style and combine styles
- How to make design decisions based on what you're trying to achieve
- Lettering on different surfaces and sizes
- How to plan your artwork for different projects
You'll be able to ask any questions you have and get help with your own lettering projects.
This group is aimed at beginner to intermediate level, but please note we won't specifically be teaching how to use a nib or brush pen. To learn the very basics of how to use the tools, have a look at our starter kits and workshops!
Membership will run for one year and will begin in January 2022. The one off payment of £70 gives you membership for the entire year.
Please note, to participate in the Lettering Club you will need to have a profile on Facebook.